Monday, December 26, 2011

All Aboard the Breakfast Train


Breathe in…..haaaaaaaa! If you yoga, you know this sound! If you don’t, get to yoga, this sound will make you happy! That’s how I feel friends. I am done with the super cleanse. Feeling great and eating stuff I can share with you! I hear cheers from the peanut gallery! Or maybe it’s just in my head! Either way, I’m blogging today to pass along my new found respect for breakfast and give you a yummy suggestion.

So as I said in my cleanse blogs, I’ve learned by doing that breakfast is indeed, the most important meal of the day. I have also learned from my trainer’s constant reiteration and from doing the cleanse, that carbs in the morning may be the best time to eat them (and around your workouts). And I do like the idea of carbs in the morning. Whole carbs that is, not white bread toast or donuts!

Despite the fact that I’m on the bandwagon with this, I am still not a huge fan of atypical breakfast foods. I know people that LOVE breakfast….I think these people are freaks! *wink wink So I wanted to share two breakfasts I’ve recently eaten and pretty much loved. Whaaaaaat? I am a changed woman!

The first one I actually stole from Men’s Health Magazine. It is a breakfast sandwich that I can actually feel working in my body if I eat it just before my workout. They call it apple jacked; I call it delicioso!

Here’s the breakdown:
1 Whole Wheat English Muffin, toasted
2-3 Slices Canadian Bacon, warmed in the skillet
1-2 Tbsp Peanut Butter, Crunchy if you’re me!
*I mean the kind that is ground up peanuts w/out salt or sugar, I use Teddie brand
¼ to ½ green apple sliced 











Stack this up however makes sense to you and enjoy! It sounds weird to you, I know, but trust me…it is crazy delicious. Might even make Elvis proud!




The second breakfast suggestion I have for you is eggs. Now, when I tell you that pre-cleanse, I NEVER ate eggs for breakfast. Maaaaybe once or twice a month. But I’m a believer in the incredible edible egg and I’ve been alternating days of eating eggs.

Here’s the breakdown:
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp Orange Pepper, diced
1 Tsp Onion, diced
1 Handful Grape tomatoes, quartered
2 Slices Canadian Bacon, diced
½ Handful Fresh Cilantro
Olive Oil Spray

2 Small Potatoes, sliced very thin
Borsari Seasoning
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Cayenne Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Microwave the potato slices for about 4 minutes to get them cooked. Then place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Spray with a tiny bit of oil spray (DO NOT USE TOO MUCH) and sprinkle with borsari seasoning (reference my 10/20/11 Pork Tenderloin & Apples if you don’t know what it is/looks like/where to get it), pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Roast them for about 30 minutes or until brown. Sauté the orange pepper, onion, tomatoes and Canadian bacon in a smidge of oil spray for about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Lightly coat small skillet with oil spray. Over medium-low (more low than medium) cook eggs, pushing sides in and allowing uncooked egg to reach the pan. Flip your omelet, turn off the heat and add your veggie/Canadian bacon mix. Let sit on hot pan for about 2 minutes. Fold egg over mixture and put on plate with fresh cilantro sprinkles on top. Serve with half the potatoes.

All aboard the breakfast train friends! And I’m all ears for suggestions on yummy breakfasts that you love. Email me your faves and if I love them, I’ll totally blog them!

Sleep and wake well all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment