Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baked Potato Burgers


For my birthday this year, all I wanted was a quiet dinner at home of crab legs and an old school style baked potato. You know those baked potatoes…with sour cream, chives and bacon bits. So that’s what I had. It was delicious! Fast forward two days and I’m home trying to figure out what to do with the ground beef that was thawed out. My motivation to cook was totally in the pot when all of a sudden the light bulb went off! Baked potato burgers! We had left over chives and bacon bits…it would be super easy and hopefully as good as the baked potato two nights before.

So I got to it and the outcome was absolutely perfect! This was definitely one of those you impress your friends with at a not so ordinary barbeque! Let me apologize for the old school measuring…that’s just how I usually roll!

Here’s the dish:

Enough ground beef for 4 burgers
*I buy all my meat in bulk and divide it up so I don’t have 
an exact measurement here
½ cup bacon bits
*Use the good ones from Whole Foods or make your own from real bacon
Few shakes of Montreal Steak Seasoning
Few shakes garlic powder
Few shakes dried parsley
Handful chopped fresh chives
Few shakes Worcestershire sauce
Garlic & Herb Boursin cheese
*This is better than sour cream for flavor and consistency
 Red onion, slices
Spring Mix greens
Pepperoncini rings
Whole wheat buns
Olive oil

Mix the ground beef with the first 6 ingredients. Squish it around really well so that its all mixed in and the bacon bits are evenly distributed. Patty them out and let them sit in the fridge for at least an hour, but two would be better. Get your grill screaming hot. Brush the burgers with a little olive oil. Depending on how done you like your burgers, cook accordingly. But try to get them a bit scorched on the outside. Let the burgers rest for 5 minutes. Put on the bun (I realize this is an obvious step, but hey….). Spread a tablespoon of Boursin (or however much you want) on top of the burger. Top with sliced red onion, pepperoncini rings and spring mix.

This thing is seriously delicious. Typically I don’t like bacon on my burgers, call me crazy, but mixing the bits into the beef made this non-traditional bacon burger super amazing and wow flavor! This is no ordinary burger friends!

I’m going out on a limb and saying it’s the best burger I’ve ever come up with! I swear my best ideas come when I’m throwing left over stuff together! And it’s pretty too!

Cheers to bacon!





No comments:

Post a Comment