Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm Cooking....No I'm Cooked!

Since Monday, I have cleaned out my closets which produced two garbage bags of clothes to donate, grocery shopped, attended boot camp, worked 12 hours, trained, stayed up for a ridiculously late UK game, subsequently attended 6:30 a.m. boot camp and worked another 12 hour day. I AM COOKED! But for the salted dark chocolate caramel I just treated myself to, I’d be face down. So folks, there is no witty or interesting story about the dish I’m blogging today. In fact, I cooked this meal a week ago. Thank goodness I have a couple back log recipes to share. But it was really good and I did invent it. So there you have it.
Here’s the breakdown:
2 mahi-mahi filets
2-3 tsp Chinese hot mustard
A splash of fish sauce
A splash of rice wine vinegar
½ tsp crush red pepper flakes
1-2 Tbsp olive oil

The truth is I did not measure anything except the fish, which is pretty easy. One Fish Two Fish. But it’s a marinade, so it’s all good! Mix all the ingredients together and put it and the fish in a Ziploc bag. Let it marinate for a couple hours. Then throw it on a screaming hot grill for about 5 minutes per side. Couldn’t be easier.
I paired the fish with a bok choy sauté that was also delish.
4 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
½” fresh ginger, minced
¾ of a fresh cayenne pepper sliced thinly
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
Sesame seeds

Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cayenne peppers. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until aromatic, but not so long that you brown the garlic. Toss in the bok choy and crank the heat up to high. Sauté until the bok choy is wilted about 5 minutes. Add the bok choy to your plate and place the fish on top. Then sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds. I had it with a little extra of the mustard on my plate to dip the fish in, but I like spicy more than the average bear, so you might want to skip that!


Besides the marinating time for the fish, this dish is very quick. It’s also really light but satisfying. It’s a perfect choice if you’ve had a big lunch or even if you just don’t want a heavy meal. Thank you for the bye today and I promise to have more energy next week. I think ;)
Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment