Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hugs A Lot


Is there really anyone walking this planet who eats health food all the time; no exceptions? I say no. I certainly am not one of those people. So while I am usually blogging health food, today I am not. The story behind this little bit of junk food is that I committed to a dessert for an Oscars get together. The problem was that I was running errands all day and had zero time to put anything together. I needed a quick dessert that looked cute. At that point I didn’t even care if it tasted amazing. I just needed not to fail at showing up with dessert.

So I found these cute little things on Pinterest from a repin of my friend Angela’s.

Here’s the breakdown:

Square pretzels
Hershey Hugs
M&Ms

Place the pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lay one Hershey hug on top of each pretzel. Put in a 350 degree oven for about 3 minutes. Place an M&M with the writing face down on top of the melty hug squishing it down a bit. Then stick the whole sheet of candies in the fridge for 20 minutes or until the chocolate is hard again.

These were super quick and easy and everyone loved them! Turns out they are delicious too! AAAAAND you can theme them depending on what the holiday or occasion is. If you know me, you know I love celebrating all holidays and this is an easy fun way to do it! I themed mine for UK since the basketball team had just won their 28th game this season. But other ideas would be green and red for Christmas, pink and red for Valentine’s Day or even using Hershey Kisses and topping with orange M&Ms for Halloween!






These little candies also make it very easy to portion control! Although I dare you to try to just eat one!

No comments:

Post a Comment